The privacy of your data is of utmost importance to us. We’ll only ever access your account to help you with a problem or fix a bug in the app. We log all access to accounts by IP address, so we can always verify that no unauthorized access has happened for as long as the logs are kept.
Identity & Access
When you sign up for Political Playoffs, you will authenticate with a third-party service, either Apple or Google. When you do this, all we receive is a generic authentication token for your session. We do not receive access to any of the personal information (e.g. name, email, credit cards, etc.) that you have provided with the third-party service. Similarly, we will never sell any personal information that you do provide to us to third parties. Finally, we won’t use your name or contact information in marketing statements without your permission.
When you play Political Playoffs, you are providing us information that may reveal your political preferences. When done so in the context of a private league, this data will never be shared or sold to third parties. When done so in the context of a public league, this data will remain publicly available for as long as makes sense, but will never be sold to third parties. Political Playoffs explicitly denies access to search engines or other automated attempts to access public league data.
When you pay for Political Playoffs, you do so through a third-party payment processor, either Apple or Google. Your credit card is passed directly to the service you are using and doesn’t ever go through our servers. We store a receipt of the transaction that verifies it was successful, but without any personal or credit card information. The payment processor also calculates any sales tax due based on your billing address. Any disputes regarding payment should be sent to your payment processor as they hold the ultimate responsibility for resolving such issues.
When you write Political Playoffs with a question or to ask for help, we’ll keep that correspondence, and the email address, for future reference. When you browse our marketing pages, we’ll track that for statistical purposes (like conversion rates and to test new designs). We also store any information you volunteer, like surveys, for as long as it makes sense.
The only times we’ll ever share your info:
- To provide products or services you’ve requested, with your permission.
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
Your Rights With Respect to Your Information
The General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) gives people under its protection certain rights with respect to their personal information collected by us. Accordingly, Political Playoffs recognizes and will comply with GDPR and those rights, except as limited by applicable law. The rights under GDPR include:
- Right of Access. This includes your right to access the personal information we gather about you, and your right to obtain information about the sharing, storage, security and processing of that information.
- Right to Correction. This is your right to request correction of your personal information.
- Right to Erasure. This is your right to request, subject to certain limitations under applicable law, that your personal information be erased from our possession (also known as the “Right to be forgotten”). However, if applicable law requires us to comply with your request to delete your information, fulfillment of your request may prevent you from using Political Playoffs services and may result in closing your account.
- Right to Complain. You have the right to make a complaint regarding our handling of your personal information with the appropriate supervisory authority.
- Right to Restrict Processing. This is your right to request restriction of how and why your personal information is used or processed.
- Right to Object. This is your right, in certain situations, to object to how or why your personal information is processed.
- Right to Portability. This is your right to receive the personal information we have about you and the right to transmit it to another party.
- Right to not be subject to Automated Decision-Making. This is your right to object and prevent any decision that could have a legal, or similarly significant, effect on you from being made solely based on automated processes. This right is limited, however, if the decision is necessary for performance of any contract between you and us, is allowed by applicable European law, or is based on your explicit consent.
Many of these rights can be exercised by signing in and directly updating your account information. If you have questions about exercising these rights or need assistance, please contact us at [email protected].
Political Playoffs won’t hand your data over to law enforcement unless a court order says we have to. We refuse requests from local and federal law enforcement when they seek data without a court order. And unless we’re legally prevented from it, we’ll always inform you when such requests are made.
Security & Encryption
All data is encrypted via SSL/TLS when transmitted from our servers to your browser. Our backups are also encrypted. Data isn’t encrypted while it’s live in our database (since it needs to be ready to send to you when you need it), but we take all reasonable measures to secure your data at rest.
When you cancel your account, we’ll ensure that your personal data is removed from our servers within 30 days. Your game play data will remain, but will be anonymized.
Location of Site and Data
This site is operated in the United States. If you are located in the European Union or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using our site, participating in any of our services and/or providing us with your information, you consent to this transfer.
Changes & Questions
Political Playoffs may occasionally update this policy. We’ll notify you about significant changes by placing a prominent notice on our site. You can access, change, or delete your personal information at any time by contacting us at [email protected].